Dear Lexis®PSL subscriber,
e-burst brings you up to date with the latest improvements in your LexisNexis® online services, this edition is specifically about LexisPSL. The Practice Areas mentioned below are subscription dependent. Please contact your account manager or call us on 020 7400 2984 if you would like to discuss adding any of these modules to your existing subscription.
We’re delighted to announce that searching on LexisPSL just got a whole lot easier. We’ve added suggested searches to the title search on the home page as well as the Legislation, Practice Notes and Precedents search forms. When you start typing your search query, LexisPSL will automatically suggest checklists, practice notes, legislation and precedents matching your terms. If one of the suggestions matches your query, select it and the search will retrieve your required result(s).
And that’s only the start. With more search and navigation improvements to come over the next few months, you can look forward to increasingly intuitive and intelligent search features on LexisPSL.
The topics in the Company Commercial module have been re-arranged into alphabetical order to aid navigation.
The former Channels to Market topic has been split out to make three separate topics. Now included are:
To enable you to quickly and easily understand highly complex consumer credit issues, two new practice notes have been written by Hogan Lovells, and added to the Consumer Credit sub-topic:
• Consumer Credit Act—early settlement; and
• Reconstituting a consumer credit agreement.
A further ten practice notes, all written by Hogan Lovells, will be added over the coming weeks.
Discharge and termination
This brand new sub-topic enables you to understand and approach key issues concerning the end or termination of contracts. This includes an overview and dedicated practice notes on:
• effluxion of time
• A central tool in the granting of concessions, newly created are a waiver clausebank and practice note on waiver and release.
• A clausebank of entire agreement clauses and associated practice note supports effective working practices regarding excluding parties’ liabilities on areas such as representations, promises, collateral warranties, agreements, undertakings and misrepresentations.
• To support you work on any contractual undertakings regarding forces of nature, a new precedent and practice note has been added on Force Majeure.
• Guarantees & indemnities are easier to understand with this new practice note.
• New practice notes on International contracts, Transport, Insurance, Finance and International contracts checklists have been added.
LexisPSL Corporate has added 35 new practice notes and 34 new precedents during April and May. There have also been several new subtopics added, including Main Market, Limited Liability Partnerships, and Redemption of Shares.
The Limited liability partnerships subtopic provides practical guidance on the nature and formation of LLPs, as well as their ongoing obligations to make public filings and trading disclosures. The subtopic also covers striking-off, dissolution and restoration of an LLP.
The Redemption of shares subtopic contains a number of practical guidance notes and precedents that will assist you in advising companies on how to issue and redeem shares. Information is also provided on the additional requirements where the company redeeming its shares is listed on a stock exchange.
The Main market subtopic provides practical guidance on the requirements for listing a company on the Official List of the Financial Services Authority and admitting its shares to trading on the main market of the London Stock Exchange. It also covers the ongoing obligations that a company will have once it is listed.
Starting a claim
To assist you in drafting that all important first statement of case we have added 12 Atkins precedents in our Claimant and Statements of claim topic on .simple debts, non delivery and late delivery of goods and breach of implied conditions such as fitness for purpose.
Cross border mediation
Did you know that the Cross-Border Mediation (EU Directive) Regulations 2011 came into force on 20 May? To assist you understand the impact of this we have up dated the Mediation Directive practice note and added a new one on Mediation directive – implementation
To help you enforce judgments we have provided 30 Atkins precedents to help you on your way:
• 9 precedents for third party debt orders
• 15 precedents for attachment of earnings
• 6 precedents for charging orders
Drafting a factual witness statement and just want a template for the opening paragraphs so you can then add the factual information yourself? New precedent coming soon to allow you to do just that.
The following new content has been added to LexisPSL Family:
A new practice note on the recently introduced provisions of the Family Procedure Rules 2010, Pt 20, Ch 10 regarding security for costs orders.
The FPR 2010 provisions have changed the bases of appeal in family proceedings. The practice notes regarding appeals in family proceedings have been expanded to include a new practice note on appeals out of time (and a linked practice note within Financial provision>Consent orders has also been updated on a related topic by virtue of the FPR 2010).
Children and enforcement
A new practice note on enforcement in children proceedings has been added to the Enforcement topic and the following practice notes updated in the Children topic to reflect the FPR 2010:
• enforcement of contact orders
• enforcement of residence orders
• enforcement of prohibited steps order
• enforcement of specific issue orders
• the court’s powers on special guardianship
Our clinical negligence topic has been expanded to include four new practice notes which provide you with detailed information and practical guidance on:
• Detailed structure of the health community
• The pre-action protocol for the resolution of clinical disputes
• Selecting a defendant and accessing records
• Investigating a claim
Did you know that you can navigate back to your practice area page by clicking on the PSL logo in the top left-hand corner, no matter where you are in the product? No need to use your back button numerous times – simply click on the logo and you’ll automatically bounce back to your practice area page to continue your research.