Uniquely designed to mirror the way lawyers work in practice, across 25 areas of law, LexisPSL gets lawyers straight to the information they need, fast.
LexisPSL comprises cutting edge content written by our own specialist lawyers, expert contributors and consulting editorial boards - based on years of first-hand experience - and unique tools designed to speed up routine tasks.
And for deeper research, LexisPSL contains direct links to over 500,000 cases, legislation and commentary, including Halsbury's Laws of England, Butterworths, Tolley, the Green Book and many more leading titles.
- Legal news that tells lawyers what has changed, why it's important and what they should tell their clients
- Practice notes supported by LexisNexis Webinars and video interviews on hot topics and specialist areas which tell lawyers the what, how and why of the law
- Templated precedents and forms, accompanied by detailing drafting notes
- Checklists and diagrams that make it possible for juniors to work on complex tasks
- All backed up with direct links to underlying primary law and market leading legal commentary from LexisNexis
- Document assembly tools that save hours of drafting time - a set of questions to create a first draft legal agreement (Lexis®Smart Precedents)
- All the key forms in a format that's easy to save, edit and email to clients - including IHT400, Form E and TR1. With expandable text boxes, auto calculations and text styles to save you even more time.
- Tools that help lawyers monitor deals in the market and identify best practice legal clauses and deal terms
- Calculators that help lawyers quickly assess the value of their case and the potential damages
LexisPSL work seamlessly with other LexisNexis products, helping practitioners to work more productively and advise with confidence.
For deeper research LexisPSL links to cases, legislation and commentary in Lexis®Library
- The most up-to-date UK legislation available anywhere - with Acts consolidated by us to include amendments by SI - and all UK Parliament Acts available in PDF.
- The best case coverage available with over 500,000 cases and transcripts, including authoritative series such as the All England Law Reports, Industrial Relations Law Reports and Times Law Reports as well as next-day delivery of case digests.
- Over 160 commentary titles covering all areas of the law, including the renowned and authoritative Halsbury's Laws of England, Harvey on Industrial Relations and Employment Law, Hill & Redman's Law of Landlord and Tenant, Rayden & Jackson on Divorce and Family Matters, Civil Court Practice, Blackstone's Criminal Practice, Butterworths Company Law Handbook - and many more.
- Unrivalled coverage of Forms and Precedents including the entire Encyclopaedia of Forms and Precedents and Atkins Court Forms.
- A wide range of journals including New Law Journal, Estates Gazette and many more.
LexisPSL boosts drafting efficiency and reduce risk of using out of date or incomplete documents with direct access a bank of automated documents in LexisSmart Precedents.
- Spend up to 80% less time drafting documents
- Comprehensive range with over 300 precedents across a range of Practice Areas
- Document Suites including the Asset Purchase Agreement (APA) or the Share Purchase Agreement (SPA) suites - produce multiple documents from a single questionnaire
- Company House Integration - look up a company from within a questionnaire and populate company data directly into any document, saving time and reducing risk of error
- Always up-to-date. We have over 100 professional support lawyers and experts updating our bank of precedents continually
Working with the major enterprise search providers, LexisPSL can integrate with internal knowledge management systems – which means you can access LexisPSL content directly through your own system.
Now live - LexisPSL May release
100's of new practice notes, precedents, tools and calculators across all 25 practice areas.
New Lexis®PSL. Find out more
Get the what, how and Y
with our 1-week trial
Learn how Lexis®PSL can
benefit your firm
Please note we are unable to offer 1-week trials to students. Please check your University Library list of online databases as your institution may already subscribe on your behalf. If your university does not subscribe, please complete the More Information form.
“The package of LexisLibrary and LexisPSL is comprehensive and easy to use. There are good links and it makes research much quicker. ... The time savings are tremendous, in the region of 20 per cent across the company.”
Rowland Field Cunningham
“For us, speed and accessibility are crucial. I estimate that we are now spending at least 25 per cent less time on research.”
In an era when we are chasing clients we have to be a dynamic business, not an archaic organisation. We simply cannot risk offering advice on the basis of law that is even a few days out of date.”
Helen Thompson, Head of Dispute Resolution
“I have no doubt that our subscription to LexisPSL has improved productivity. It has increased our speed of research, so there have certainly been significant time savings. We have become more efficient."
Julie Bailey, Managing Partner
Andrew & Co
"We selected LexisNexis as our strategic partner because they had the most compelling solution… with the added capability of integrating the overall solution into other IT systems throughout the firm."
"We have had the product in place for several weeks now. I have gone from sceptic to convert. The access that it gives at your fingertips to legal information I now feel is invaluable. I believe we will not look back and wish we had made the decision a long time earlier."
Marc Folgate, Partner and Head of Personal Injury Litigation
"We save a small fortune by reducing duplication, getting to information more quickly and most importantly freeing up fee earner time to earn fees."
Andrew Moore, Practice Manager
100 LexisNexis lawyers
Fresh from practice, with current practising certificates.
From the world's most respected law firms and other professional bodies.
200 Consulting Editorial Board members
Including lawyers, judges and industry experts, hand-picked as renowned leaders in their field.
LexisPSL in the news
In his column in The Times, Edward Fennell reported on the LexisPSL launch saying that LexisNexis were “ready to play hardball” with a product that tells you the “what, how and why of law”. If you would like to read the full article, and subscribe to The Times online, then click here.