Online Legal Research
Lexis®Library - easy access to legislation, cases
With LexisLibrary (previously known as LexisNexis Butterworths or LNB), lawyers and information professionals can quickly find up-to-date information and expert opinion from established names such as Butterworths, Tolley and Halsbury's.
With the most up-to-date statement and explanation of the law, practitioners can have complete confidence in the advice they provide. Everyone in your practice can access the same information, at the same time, at the click of a mouse. There's no need to share precious volumes: simply log into our website. LexisLibrary saves research time, cutting costs and boosting efficiency. It's also the only place you can find Halsbury's Laws of England online.
- Advise with confidence - as the most authoritative source of UK legal materials, LexisLibrary gives you the confidence that your firm's advice represents the law as it stands today
- Work more efficiently - find the information you need quickly, wherever you are, with simple and advanced online searching
- Stay up to date - our twice-daily Stop Press tells you when legislation has changed. For example, we made the Companies Act 2006 available two weeks before any other online legal research service
- Save time - with instant cross-referencing between commentary, cases, legislation and other legal materials
- Cost-effective - accessing the entire online library could cost 75% less than subscribing to all the individual sources
- The most up-to-date UK legislation available anywhere - with Acts consolidated by us to include amendments by SI - and all UK Parliament Acts available in PDF.
- The best case coverage available with over 500,000 cases and transcripts, including authoritative series such as the All England Law Reports, Industrial Relations Law Reports and Times Law Reports as well as next-day delivery of case digests.
- Over 160 commentary titles covering all areas of the law, including the renowned and authoritative Halsbury's Laws of England, Harvey on Industrial Relations and Employment Law, Hill & Redman's Law of Landlord and Tenant, Rayden & Jackson on Divorce and Family Matters, Civil Court Practice, Blackstone's Criminal Practice, Butterworths Company Law Handbook - and many more.
- Unrivalled coverage of Forms and Precedents including the entire Encyclopaedia of Forms and Precedents and Atkins Court Forms.
- A wide range of journals including New Law Journal, Estates Gazette and many more.
Request a trial
“The Legal Library on LexisNexis Butterworths has freed up people’s time because it is instantaneous. We are getting work out of the door quicker and turning over more work. Our lock up – the period of time from the customer walking through the door to billing – has improved. That is our measure of profitability.”
Helen Thompson, Head of Dispute Resolution – SAS Daniels