Over the past 200 years, we’ve combined a deep understanding of the legal profession with technology innovation to help practitioners work more productively, advise with confidence and better manage their organisations. Today, our services help you apply legal intelligence to better meet your clients’ needs.
Practical guidance and drafting
LexisPSL: Access up-to-date practice-area specific guidance, checklists, precedents, forms, drafting notes, legal analysis and news.
- Built and maintained by our own specialist lawyers, expert contributors and consulting editorial boards.
- Automated tools to save valuable time including Personal Injury Damages Calculator, Interest Calculators in Family and many more.
- Links directly to the underlying authority and the most trusted sources for expert insight and commentary including Halsbury’s and Butterworths.
- Plus integrated forms that you can edit and save, checklists, snappy practice notes and more.
- Over 4,000 precedents, including more than 300 automated documents.
LexisSmart: From drafting quality legal documents quickly for your firm to providing automation to your customers, making for fast, accurate document creation
- A comprehensive range of over 300 automated precedents across a range of Practice Areas
- Developed and continually updated by a team of over 100 professional support lawyers and experts
- Ability to immediately email, download or print your drafted document once assembled
Complete legal coverage
LexisLibrary: Access the UK’s most authoritative and comprehensive collection of annotated legislation, cases, forms, precedents and commentary from Butterworths and Tolley. Used by over 4,000 organisations including 90% of the top 200 law firms, LexisLibrary includes:
- Hundreds of titles covering all practice areas, such as Halsbury’s Laws, Harvey on Industrial Relations, Hill and Redman's and the Butterworths Family Law Service
- Over 500,000 cases including the ICLR Law Reports and All England
- Full text of UK Acts and Statutory Instruments, updated daily, including annotations from Halsbury’s Statutes for every section of every Act in force
- The Encyclopaedia of Forms & Precedents and Atkin’s Court Forms
- Thousands of definitions of legal terms and links to relevant cases, legislation and commentary
- Over 80 leading journals and an index covering 600 additional publications
As featured in The Times 7/02/12
Comply or Die: Allison Wooddisse, head of Practice Compliance at LexisNexis outlines the definitive compliance thrival guide for sole practitioners, independent lawyers and smaller firms in 2013.
Download your free copy today:
Continuing professional development
LexisLearning: Maintain your legal edge with training designed for time-pressed lawyers. Conferences, seminars and online training help you network, stay up-to-date and earn CPD points in a way that fits your schedule.
Find out more about LexisLearning
Future of law blog
Follow us on Twitter
Watch this month's Talking Law - Philip Wood of Allen & Overy talks to LexisPSL’s Kate Hughes about the EU Banking Crisis.
Jackson: Want to find out more?
Jackson reforms: lots on the theory… but what about the practice? Be sure you are not caught out.
Click here for exclusive, complimentary material on the costs reforms, including LexisNexis videos and practice notes.
Supplier of the Year
It’s Y that counts. Find out more
More content features and tools across all 25 practice areas.
What are your Pressure Points?
Two thirds of lawyers are confident that the next two years will see significant growth for their law firms, 61% see a greater use of automated documents as a strategy to cope with the changes ahead, and most see competition as the biggest threat to law firms.
Download Pressure Points, our latest report into the changing legal services landscape to find out more.
“Our perception of LexisNexis has changed over the last year... We’ve gone from thinking of you as just a library service to thinking of you as a multi- functional tool for the library, for PSL services and for training.”
Andrew Moore, Practice Manager,
“I’m delighted with Lexis Legal
Intelligence; by consolidating our legal
research under one roof we’ve saved 30
per cent. In real terms that amounts to
about £20,000 per year.”
Tony Broadley, Joint Managing Partner, Rowlands
"Lexis®PSL is like having a whole in-house legal team working for your firm. Having access to LexisNexis’ employment services cuts my document preparation time alone by 60 per cent".
Mike Cummins, Director,
"We have had the product in place for several weeks now. I have gone from sceptic to convert. The access that it gives at your fingertips to legal information I now feel is invaluable. I believe we will not look back and wish we had made the decision a long time earlier".
Marc Folgate, Partner and Head of Personal Injury Litigation
"LexisLibrary is a fabulously wealthy resource and gives us all confidence to do our jobs better. It means we are not floundering or wasting money unnecessarily on referring a simple legal issue to an external law firm".
Richard Tapp, Company Secretary and Director of Legal Services
"We have experienced a marked improvement in our productivity and profitability".
Jason Bastock, Office Manager and Legal,
"Lexis®PSL In-house saves us thousands of pounds a year in referrals. By having this service I estimate that we are saving up to 75 per cent on external fees".
Jonathan Westwood, Legal Director,
"With Lexis®PSL In-house we were able to save more than 25 per cent without compromising on quality, which was essential. Lexis®PSL In-house is a much more relevant, more cost-effective package".
Jonathan Westwood, Legal Director,
My LexisNexis Services Login